Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wind blows

Its kinda an awesome thing that i've been reading other people's blogs now and there. And i stumbled upon Eldwin's latest blog post about him making through to be a 3rd year medical student. I happen to like an excerpt of his post where he is totally enjoying life as a medical student.

I have to admit, my thinking was once like the young Eldwin's. I knew nuts of coming to imu and I was dumbfounded when the interviewers asked me the question of what did i think about the system of learning imu was practicing. I had no idea back then it was mostly about self learning so i just randomly blurted out i liked the system and i would be prepared to listen hard in classes and take notes for once. How dumb was I back then *chuckle*.

I admit also, i'm not the best in paragraphing as i just simply start off new paragraphs although the paragraph above is the same topic as this one. Well once i started off at imu, i already had this image in my mind where i would be studying 9 to 5 everyday taking notes and studying hard in the library, reading books, wearing thick glasses, no time for dating, becoming super unfit, and reading more thick books 16inches thick. We'll basically I had in mind that i was going to become a super nerd in exchange for my personal life. My premature experience of clubbing was never going to be :(.

However, that was all day 1 in imu. The second day, i met You guys in that small pbl room 32. That day although i was shy, i decided to actually make an effort to try to make my life more awesome. I'm glad you guys did also la. Thanks to that i totally met the most enjoyable, awesome, and most unique set of people yet. We rocked orientation, and although we didnt win the best orientation group, WE WON EACH OTHER. And that my friends, is the best prize of all.

Through out this 9 months together, we have gone karaoke, watched movie, and even had a potluck where i wasnt present Grr. Cheers guys! this can go on next sem too :)

Honestly I never imagined my life to actually be this eventful throughout my first year as a medical student. The images in my head of nerding away hours at a time were somewhat lies to a certain extent. The nerding part came true within a month of exams. However, apart from that one month, i have decided to join things that i could do. And after a dull uneventful sem 1, i managed to enroll myself into crazy things like playing at noise for 3 bands, surviving m210 orientation and meeting new babies :), playing through the passion and heartbreak *cough phoenix evil coin toss GRRR* of football, the glory of totally owning futsal with the best team of the campaign, and most of all, The proud Gold medal i have from the countless hours of extensive Cheerleading training. That indeed, is the most glamourous event and shone the spotlight on us. Was also the day I first talked with myocardium because of cheer ehehe :).
And sure although my hardcore man football goalkeeper came to me before the competition saying " Dude i cant believe you are doing this faggy thing!?" , not a single fuck was given that day by me because we performed awesomely with a score of 194/200 and second place was 168 points.

All in all, the blood, sweat and tears (literally), we all put into cheer was worth it. Thus my Gold medal will be very VERY meaningful to me.



And oh immediately after that, I furfilled my dream of becoming a medical nerd for a month everyday. And hey I managed to survive and got a result that exceeded my expectations in fact. So well, a message to you all la. You study hard, study smart, and most definately, play HARD.
And a message to all the juniors, you can still join Events in Imu cup during sem2 and still survive EOS2. Whahahaha. No cockyness intended seriously. Just my opinion.


And oh, upon saying all that, i do hope i become a "shane" next year. for my sake.

3 comments:

  1. There're ppl giving half as much as mine and scoring the same...Just remember to do your best, medicine's too great a career to relinquish due to not putting in the necessary effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was a like button i would soo totally like that. *like*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be glad to just be a *miligram* of Shane. :)

    ReplyDelete