Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1/365

Dear Co13ra,


gif animator



Should circumstances permit, I would have said more than the usual laughter and small talk that we made the whole of last night and also this early morning. However, it would have defeated my original purpose of wanting to say this to all of you, since only a handful of us came over to my place for dinner, so I thought I'd do it here instead.

*nostalgic mode on*

When I signed up for this course in September 2009, it was already my mental state to anticipate an immensely tough year ahead. Back then, with my father in a deteriorating condition, I admit that there were many times where I felt myself greatly weakened by all the overwhelming emotions, and I braced myself for it to only get worse when university began.

When I stood amidst the 250 other new students in the auditorium hall on the 22nd February 2010, there was this sense of nervous-ness as I looked around, as everyone looked quite intimidating with all the labcoats, geeky spectacles and the Iwanttobeagreatdoctor/dentist/chiropractor impressions.

Of all the little things that I prepared myself for, there was one part where I did not anticipate at all, and that was to gain all of you as great friends of mine.

And now, at the stroke up midnight of 1st January 2011,

I cannot be ever more thankful to have had the presence of such wonderful people in my life - for the experience, the guidance, the laughter, the bimbo gestures, the stress, the events, the tears, the sadness, the food, the friendship.

Each and everyone of you played a role, whether big or small, to make me feel accepted, to make me feel loved, to make me have a reason for continuing what we all set out for in the first place.

In return, I hope that I too, am able to do the same for each and everyone of you.

Not just this New Year, but for many more years to come.

That, is my toast to you.

Love,
Your neighbourhood Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment